The DrugBank database is a unique bioinformatics and cheminformatics resource that combines detailed drug data with comprehensive drug target information.
The latest release of DrugBank (version 5.0.10, released 2017-11-14) contains 10,555 drug entries including 1,745 approved small molecule drugs, 877 approved biotech (protein/peptide) drugs, 107 nutraceuticals and over 5,031 experimental drugs. Additionally, 4,775 non-redundant protein (i.e. drug target/enzyme/transporter/carrier) sequences are linked to these drug entries. Each DrugCard entry contains more than 200 data fields with half of the information being devoted to drug/chemical data and the other half devoted to drug target or protein data.
- AcetaminophenFor temporary relief of fever, minor aches, and pains.
- Acetylsalicylic acidFor use in the temporary relief of various forms of pain, inflammation associated with various conditions (including rheumatoid arthritis, juvenile rheumatoid arthritis, systemic lupus erythematosus, osteoarthritis, and ankylosing spondylitis), and...
- SalbutamolFor symptomatic relief and prevention of bronchospasm due to bronchial asthma, chronic bronchitis, and other chronic bronchopulmonary disorders such as COPD.
- MetforminFor use as an adjunct to diet and exercise in adult patients (18 years and older) with NIDDM. May also be used for the management of metabolic and reproductive abnormalities...
- MorphineFor the relief and treatment of severe pain.
Letermovir recieved approval from the FDA on November 8th, 2017 for use in prophylaxis of cytomegalovirus (CMV) infection in allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplant patients. It represents the first entry into a new class of CMV anti-infectives, DNA terminase complex inhibitors. Letermovir has recieved both priority and orphan drug status from the FDA. It is currently marketed under the brand name Prevymis.
New Feature: Biopharmaceutical Classification
CFTR Modulators Helping Cystic Fibrosis Patients Catch Their Breath
New Antivirals Provide Hope for Eradication of Hepatitis C – If You Can Afford It
DrugBank is offered to the public as a freely available resource.
Use and re-distribution of the data, in whole or in part, for commercial purposes (including internal use) requires a license. We ask that users who download significant portions of the database cite the DrugBank paper in any resulting publications.